Sunday 9 October 2016

Conclusion

So, the 3-week trip was easily one of the biggest that we'd undertaken and the first where the guys were comfortable with me doing most of the planning; which I've grateful for being given the opportunity to do.

The planning went extremely well and I think the guys will have liked that I got a good mixture of stuff to complement the parks, making it more than just a coaster trip. I'd over estimated the drives intentionally to allow for random stops for gas and food, I figured it would be better to arrive to our hotels earlier than be challenged for time and having the drivers on the road late at night every night.

The trip wouldn't have been so much fun without the group dynamic being so strong so thanks to Tal, Thomas and Christof for bringing that and making this a trip group I'm excited for rather than one I have to psych myself up for, which is unfortunately more prone to happen on the big club trips nowadays.

I'm not sure we'll have a trip in 2017. We all want to do Asia again but we're unable to agree on a route that we're all happy with, so I suspect we'll do our own thing but will no doubt cross paths at one or two parks through the year. Perhaps a year after that we'll be back in the US.

With it being the biggest trip, the write up is also the biggest, so if you've made it this far, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment